Big things have happened this week in the world of tech and social media -- Facebook acquired Instagram, Google redesigned Google+ and YouTubers rapidly shared yet another Herman Cain ad that doesn't make much sense. With all of this going on and more, it's understandable if you missed some of our latest resources. But now it's time to catch up with our weekly features roundup!
[More from Mashable: Is a Yacht Philippe Starck’s ‘Revolutionary’ Apple Project? [RUMOR]]
This week, we've covered services to help you migrate Instagram photos to your desktop, ways that educators can use Pinterest for the classroom and types of high-tech clothing that can make your life easier. We also have tips for maintaining digital customer loyalty, apps to help you prepare for allergy season and creative hacks for a new cover photo on Google+. We even spoke with standup comedian Jim Gaffigan about his new online comedy special.
[More from Mashable: 72% of Adults Are Local News Enthusiasts [STUDY]]
- How Social Media Is Changing Disaster Response We examine how government agencies and other organizations are using social media during emergencies.
- Deleting Your Instagram Account? Here’s How to Save Your Pics Facebook bought Instagram, and some Instagram users aren't happy about it. How to delete your account while saving your pics.
- Why Jim Gaffigan Is Banking on Social to Sell His $5 Comedy Special Standup comedian Jim Gaffigan is the third top comic to bypass traditional distribution channels with a comedy special. He hopes social media will help seal the deal.
- How Digital Populism Is Reshaping the Body Politic We see the emergence of what may well be the most important political development of the 21st century -- digital populism.
- 5 Modern TV Shows Recut as Classic Sitcoms We're taking a look at popular television shows re-edited with situation comedy title sequences.
- 9 Social Networks for Sports Fans A rundown of 9 of the web's baller social networks for sports fans.
- Facebook Instagram Acquisition: 20 Witty Reactions People express their satisfaction, dismay and an array of other opinions to the news of Facebook acquiring Instagram for $1 billion.
- How a Social Network Changed the Game for War Veterans [VIDEO] There are 2.3 million veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and IAVA aims to reconnect them to civilian life through an online community.
- 20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week [CHART] Which TV shows generate the most buzz on social networks? Find out each week from our social TV chart.
- 16 Ways Educators Can Use Pinterest [INFOGRAPHIC] Find out how teachers can use Pinterest to organize lesson plans, collaborate with other faculty and even encourage student participation.
- 5 Ways to Market Your Brand With Location-Based Networks If your marketing plan includes location-based networks, here are five ways to get started.
- Why Mobile Ads in Emerging Markets are the Future [INFOGRAPHIC] This infographic looks at the mobile landscape in emerging markets with advertisers in mind.
- 13 Creative Google+ Cover Photo Hacks Google+ overhauled its interface and many users have already uploaded new cover photos. We've found 13 cover photo hacks on Google+.
- 8 Great Uses For Google+’s New White Space [PICS] Fans have suggested some uses for the liberal amount of white space under Google+'s new design.
- 5 Hot New Events In Social Media, Dev, Advertising and More Our Events Board is an essential resource for helping you build relationships, engage face-to-face and learn about new trends in the business.
- 9 Ways to Follow Coachella on Social Media California music festival Coachella is back and ready to take on the throngs of hip, dance-crazed fans. Follow the action online.
- 7 YouTube Channels of Nerd Entertainment There's a new breed of entertainment being produced by nerds for nerds on YouTube, and we have some of the best of the bunch right here.
- ‘Who Needs Feminism?’ New Tumblr Promotes Gender Equality 16 Duke University students created the "Who Needs Feminism?" campaign to help facilitate discussion on gender equality.
Business & Marketing
- 3 Ways Events Can Enhance Your Brand’s Online Presence Bringing the party offline can cause a major boost in your online presence. Here's how and why.
- How to Think Big in Business What exactly constitutes thinking big, how does one do it and what typically gets in the way? Read on to find out.
- 6 Ways Social Media Can Bring Your Next Event to Life Here are six ways to effectively incorporate social media into your brand's next event.
- 5 Tips for Creating and Maintaining Customer Loyalty Selling software-as-a-service applications depends on customer success. Here are 5 tips on how to generate and maintain customer love.
- 15 Essential Twitter Chats for Social Media Marketers If you want a few tips on how to best create a great chat on Twitter, here are 15 hashtags that fit the bill.
- How the #BullyMovie Twitter Campaign Triumphed Over the MPAA Bully's R rating meant the film's target audience -- teenagers -- wouldn't be able to see it. That's when their voices took off on Twitter.
- Disconnect: 5 Business Benefits of Working Out What if there was a business benefit to working out? Here are 5 that will get you pumped up to hit the gym.
- 7 Lessons From Content Marketing’s Greatest Hits A handful of companies have really nailed down the art of content marketing. Here's a closer look at some of their greatest hits.
- Find The Necessary Paperwork For Your Small Business With One Site Starting a business is exciting but stressful. In addition to thinking about your bottom line, you also must complete loads of paperwork.
- 7 Mistakes to Avoid on Your Ecommerce Site If you actually want people to stick around and buy stuff from your site, you may want to take note of these common pitfalls.
- How to Perfect Your Elevator Pitch Here are 5 tips on how to give a great elevator pitch and network like the pros.
- 3 Marketing Lessons From Facebook’s Instagram Acquisition Marketers should take a cue from Facebook’s Instagram acquisition and apply the following tips.
- 6 Cuddly Mascots Created by Tech Companies Some brands use flashy advertisements. Others make an impression with cuddly, relatable mascots.
- 3 Tips for Effective Social Media Contests Social contests are popular, and can be highly effective, if done correctly and under the right circumstances. Here are tips on how to do that.
- Why Global Mobile Marketing Starts With Localized Apps To reach mobile customers in emerging countries, companies must create localized apps. Here are 4 things to consider when starting.
- 5 Things That Waste Your Time at Work [INFOGRAPHIC] The modern knowledge worker is more efficient than ever, but there are still things that slow down his productivity in the office.
Tech & Mobile
- ‘Legend of Grimrock’ Resurrects the Old-School Dungeon Crawl [REVIEW] Like your corridors dark and your heroes uncomplicated? Then you'll love "Legend of Grimrock," a fresh dungeon crawler out this month for PC.
- 10 Waterproof Smartphone Cases to Prevent Disaster In preparation for summer swimming, cycling and singing in the rain, we've gathered 10 waterproof smartphone cases to keep your device dry.
- The Internet Is Ruining Your Brain [INFOGRAPHIC] Internet use is increasing exponentially, and it's taking a toll on our well-being and mental stability.
- 10 Hip MacBook Decals [PICS] You know what your MacBook needs? A fun decal on its lid to make it stand out from the crowd.
- High-Tech Threads: Can Your Clothes Do This? From saving your life to charging your gadgets, this wave of innovative fashion makes city living safer and a bit more convenient.
- Relive the Titanic’s Doomed Voyage Online Have a look at the ways that the legacy of the Titanic continues to live on in the digital realm.
- Designing a Mobile App? Don't Make These 10 Mistakes Developing a solid mobile app requires discipline and practicality. These mobile design "don’ts" will help you avoid some messy obstacles.
- Secret Sauce: What Does It Take to Create a Viral Video? Mashable asked viral video agency Seedwell what today's web audience is looking for and how to recognize a viral sensation before it happens.
- Online Poker: One Year After the Biggest Bust in Gaming History On the anniversary of the biggest shakeup in the online gaming world, poker in the digital age is a far cry from what it was one year ago.
- 5 Mobile Apps for Seasonal Allergy Sufferers If you see the beautiful sights of spring through itchy eyes, then these 5 apps will help you better prepare for allergy season.
This story originally published on Mashable here.