Apple released Siri, a voice assistant for your iPhone, last year. However, the feature is only compatible with the iPhone 4S. Since its release, many developers around the world have come up with alternatives, but who wants a replica when you can just install the real thing?
Disclaimer: While this process is completely legal, you may void your warranty with Apple after jailbreaking (freeing your device from Apple's limitations).
To install Siri you need one of the following devices:
- iPhone 4 or 3GS
- iPod touch 4G or 3G
- any iPad
Here is what you need to do once you are jailbroken:
- Open up Cydia, then click on "Manage" --> "Sources" --> "Edit" --> "Add" and then enter in the following link "http://repo.siriport.ru". This may take a few minutes.
- Once this is done hit "Manage" --> "Sources", --> "Siriport.eu Repo" and finally "Siriport (Original)" or "Siriport iPad (Original)", depending what device you are using. This may take some time.
- Once installed, your device will reboot or respring.
- Go to Settings app, and there open up "Siriport.ru Original", and then "Install certificate. This will open up Safari, and there you will be able to install the certificate.
- Now you should reboot your device (hold power button for ten seconds)
- Then open up "Settings" --> "General" --> "Siri" and enable Siri.