Another blaze at Chicago's 'ice warehouse'
A warehouse in Chicago which had been encrusted in ice after water froze when firefighters battled a blaze has been engulfed by another inferno. Firefighters attended the fire for the second time amid fears the building may collapse under the strain of the ice.
This was the incredible scene in the aftermath of the first warehouse fire in Chicago. An Arctic blast had sent temperatures tumbling in the past few days, making it feel like -46C in some areas with the wind chill factor added to the mix. The initial blaze was one of the biggest the city's fire service has ever had to face and the cold made things even more difficult as icicles formed on fire hoses and froze the firefighters' uniforms.
News For You
- Adorable photo of baby waiting to meet her father goes insanely viral
- Mom, dad, daughter accused in $7M shoplift spree
- RT reporter quits on air in protest of Russian occupation of Crimea
- Kate Middleton Pregnant? Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William 'Expecting …
- Taking the selfie to new heights: Pilot takes picture while firing mis …