Superstorm Sandy: US East Coast counts the cost as freak cyclone heads west
After tearing through New York on Monday night, Superstorm Sandy is now heading west across America. The freak storm left 7.5million without power, has caused an estimated $12bn damage, and killed 17 people. President Obama earlier declared a 'major disaster' in New York, while city Mayor Michael Bloomberg called it a 'once-in-a-long-time storm'.
News For You
- Driver's Twitter Boast About 'Hitting Cyclist'
- Base jumper's miracle escape after faulty parachute saw him plunge 1,000ft …
- Oklahoma Tornado: 24 Dead As Search Resumes
- Xbox One: Hands-on with Microsoft's new 'home entertainment system'
- 'Get to shelter right now!' Weather reporter forced to flee studio live …