Former England football captain John Terry's racism trial will resumes later with the evidence of police officers.
Terry, 31, denies racially abusing Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand during a Premier League match on October 23 last year after the pair repeatedly traded insults.
Chelsea were down to nine men in the clash at Loftus Road, and trouble started when the two defenders clashed over a Chelsea penalty claim.
Ferdinand, brother of Terry's former England centre-half partner Rio, began goading Terry over an alleged relationship he had with Vanessa Perroncel, the ex-partner of his teammate Wayne Bridge.
On Monday, Ferdinand told Westminster Magistrates' Court he dismissed the mutual name calling as "banter" and initially denied Terry had used a racist obscenity on the pitch.
But after the match, his then girlfriend showed him a clip of their exchange posted on YouTube, and he believed Terry had used the racist obscenity, calling him a "f****** black c***".
Ferdinand told the court that if he had realised at the time he would have told officials.
He said: "I would have been obviously very hurt and I probably wouldn't have reacted at the time because, being a professional, you can't do that.
"I probably would have let the officials know what happened and dealt with it after the game.
"When someone brings your colour into it, it takes it to another level and it's very hurtful."
The court also heard from prosecution and defence lip readers that it was impossible to say with total accuracy what footage of Terry speaking to Ferdinand actually showed.
Today, police officers involved in the investigation will give evidence at the trial which is presided over by chief magistrate Howard Riddle.
Terry denies racially aggravated public order for which the maximum punishment is a £2,500 fine.