By Ian Dunt
Welsh Conservatives voted to call their own party incompetent yesterday, after a "whipping mistake".
Assembly members mistakenly voted with Labour and Plaid colleagues to back a motion calling the Westminster government "incompetent" for its handling of the West Coast main line.
"This was a whipping mistake and does not reflect the views of the Welsh Conservative group," a spokesman said.
"Our contributors to the debate made our position clear congratulating the UK government on its commitment to electrification, which represents the single biggest infrastructure investment in Wales in decades."
The government was recently forced to U-turn on its decision to hand the rail franchise to FirstGroup, in another embarrassing row for the coalition.
Assembly members in the Senedd vote by pressing buttons on their desks.
- Man Held In Met Police Terror InvestigationSky News - 42 minutes ago
- Two Arrested After 'Gun Threat' At HospitalSky News - 48 minutes ago
- Female Zoo Worker Dies After Tiger AttackSky News - 58 minutes ago
- Two Held After Gun Incident At HospitalSky News - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
- Female Zoo Worker Mauled By TigerSky News - 4 hours ago
By Ian Dunt
Best of Yahoo! News
- Cameron 'dealt blow' after EU vote
- Coalition set for clash over Europe
- No more funny business, Cameron promises …
- 67% back pre-referendum settlement
- PM 'proud' of gay marriage Bill
- EU Referendum: Wording Revealed In Draft …
- EU Referendum Setback For Cameron As MPs …
- Childcare shake-upPress Association