Two people have died in Australia after eating poisonous Death Cap mushrooms at a New Year's Eve dinner party.
A third person remains in hospital.
Four people were initially hospitalised after eating the fungi, unaware of its deadly properties, at a party in Canberra.
One recovered and was released from hospital but the other three were transferred to Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPA) for treatment.
"Two people at RPA have passed away. The third, however, is still receiving treatment," a spokeswoman for the hospital said.
The hospital said it would not be releasing any details about the patients or their treatments out of respect for their privacy.
It is believed the deadly poisonous mushrooms were mistaken for an edible fungi known as the Paddy Straw mushroom, which is commonly found in southeast Asia and is considered a delicacy.
All parts of the Death Cap mushroom are poisonous and eating just one can be fatal.
Eating the mushrooms, an introduced species that grows in southeast Australia, causes vomiting within hours and is potentially fatal within days because the toxin they contain is particularly damaging to the liver.