THERE are lots of reasons why we love York - and if you need any inspiration, here are some incredible photos to get you going.
The images have been taken by members of our Press Camera Club on Facebook, who have been challenged to show why they love York as part of their monthly prize competition.
Which is your favourite? Let us know in the comments below.
After much deliberation, our winner is Danielle Simpson for this atmospheric photo of the statue of Emperor Constantine by York Minster. This is a much loved local landmark - but Danielle's brilliant composition shows it to us in a new way. Well done!
Our runners up are:
* Michelle Sorrell for her photo of Shambles after dark
* Sue Gabbatiss for her shot of reindeer about to fly over Bootham Bar
* Lisa Young - Christmas display at Homestead Park
* Anne Crawford for proving there is always something interesting to watch on a riverside walk along the Ouse
* Garry Hornby's snap of a nutcracker, illustrating that York is full of surprises
* Annie Greenhouse's image of a York snickelway - one of the many joys of the city
* Simon Boyle for his image of The Old Chapel and The Minster
* Barbara Smith for showing York is still beautiful even in the floods
and David King for his photo of the memorial to the Boer War, somewhat overshadowed by the Minster next door.
Would you like to see your photographs in The Press and online?
More than 2,500 readers have joined The Press Camera Club, which launched in June 2017 and brings together talented photographers from across York and North and East Yorkshire to share their work, swap tips and take part in themed monthly prize competitions.
To join the free club, simply search for ‘The Press Camera Club’ on Facebook - we’d love to see what our region looks like through your lens.
We will feature pictures from our camera club in The Press and online regularly.
If you like seeing photos of York, please follow us on Instagram too @york.press.