Cape Town - Attention all outdoor enthusiasts and adventure addicts: Be sure to book your seats for the eagerly anticipated annual Banff International Mountain Film Festival, taking place between 3 and 12 November 2017.
Cape Union Mart will be bringing the festival to South Africa for the twelfth year. Once again, audiences will get the chance to explore and experience some of the world’s most epic adventure locations - from Iceland’s frosty surf spots and Utah’s canyon country, to Siberia’s snowy slopes and the plains of Patagonia – all from the comfort (and safety) of their cinema seats.
The 11 films, which form part of the world tour, will be shown at Ster-Kinekor cinema’s in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth and Pretoria. Featuring the best mountain films and exceptional filmmaking talent from around the globe, the festival offers something for everyone with a mix of topics and cinematic styles that will both inspire and entertain.
All types of outdoor adventure such as surfing and skiing, base-jumping and bouldering, rowing and trail running, are beautifully captured in the films.
They also range in duration from the heart-warming and humorous 9-minute Ace and the Desert Dog and 5-minute art piece that is Metronomic, to the 27-minute inspirational documentary Young Guns,which will keep audiences of all ages motivated to gear up and get out.
Attendees will get to see this year’s winning submission from the annual Cape Union Mart Adventure Film Challenge - One Fly at a Time by Dewald Brand.
The International Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour will be screened at the following Ster-Kinekor cinemas:
• Cape Town: Cavendish Square - Friday, 3 November to Sunday, 12 November 2017
• Cape Town: Tygervalley Centre - Friday, 3 November to Sunday, 12 November 2017
• Johannesburg: Sandton City – Friday, 3 November to Sunday, 12 November 2017
• Pretoria: Brooklyn Mall – Friday, 3 November to Sunday, 12 November 2017
• Durban: Gateway - Friday, 10 November and Saturday, 11 November 2017 (two nights only)
• Port Elizabeth: Baywest – Saturday, 11 November 2017 (one night only)
Tickets are available for purchase throught Ster-Kinekor. Book online at www.sterkinekor.com or call Ster-Kinekor Ticketline on 082 16789.