For those mornings when you have no time and a long way to get to work/school/errands, grabbing something delicious with one hand and everything else with the other is a game changer. Whether you want to freeze a bunch in advance or just put it together on the spot, here are 11 breakfast sandwich recipes that will save your busy mornings.
1. Egg, Avocado and Pesto Bagel Sandwich
We’ll definitely take Maria Lichty’s advice when it comes to a speedy morning meal. (She has kids, after all.) Try this bagel sandwich layered with eggs and avocado.
2. Open-Faced Power Breakfast Sandwich with Egg Whites, Avocado and Tomato
Eat your heart out, Egg McMuffin. This breakfast features sprouted bread and healthy ingredients like egg whites, avocado, tomatoes and hot sauce.
3. Cauliflower Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich
Go low-carb with this breakfast sandwich that uses cauliflower hash browns as “bread.”
4. Fried Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Don’t be discouraged by the 20-minute cooking time. Take Gaby Dalkin’s advice and prep the ingredients ahead of time, then quickly assemble them in the morning. (You can even do it before you’ve had your coffee—it’s that easy.)
5. Grilled Nutella Banana Sandwich
Some mornings, you want to eat a scrambed egg white omelet with avocado—this is not one of those mornings. Today demands banana and Nutella squished between two slices of bread.
6. Microwave Egg and Vegetable Breakfast Sandwich
Your microwave is your BFF when it comes to quick breakfasts. Case in point: Heidi Larsen’s egg white sandwich is ready in minutes.
7. Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches with Cholula Cashew Cheese
Not into eggs and cheese? We’ve got you. Behold: a chickpea patty and vegan cheese breakfast sandwich—with lots of hot sauce, of course.
8. Freezer Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches
Skip the freezer aisle at the grocery store. You can whip up your own croissant breakfast sandwiches, then stash them in cold storage for busy weekday mornings.
9. Copycat Starbucks Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
No time for that crazy-long line at Starbucks? Us, either. Here’s a convincing at-home recipe you’ll want to make again and again.
10. Honey, Peach and Brie Panini with Bacon Butter
Finally, a use for that panini press that’s been sitting in your closet since your wedding. This peach-and-brie grilled breakfast sandwich is worth the wait.
11. Paleo Breakfast Egg Wraps
No bread? No problem. Make these paleo-friendly breakfast “wraps” with a scrambled egg as your tortilla.