They say Olympic-sized screw-ups plus time equal comedy. Or something like that. Whatever the phrase, it appears the Olympics’ own homepage is taking it to heart.
If you go to a missing or glitched page at Olympic.org—like this one, for example— you will get the following page.
“SOMETIMES THINGS DON’T GO AS PLANNED,” the page says.
In case you don’t remember, that incomplete version of the Olympic rings went viral during the Sochi Opening Ceremony when one of the rings descending upon Fisht Olympic Stadium failed to open. Pyrotechnics soon went off around the four rings that had opened, completing the image.
This isn’t the first time the Olympics have poked fun at the mishap, as the Sochi organizers took a fun shot at themselves during the Closing Ceremony. When dancers formed the Olympic rings, one group waited a while to open up.
More Olympic coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Jay Busbee: Why rooting for Lindsey Vonn to fail is un-American
• ‘Team Lillis will keep going’ after teen brother’s death
• Olympic star ‘literally dead’ after Britney Spears tweet
• Jeff Passan: Why Kenworthy kissing boyfriend on NBC matters
• Dan Wetzel: The entire world is losing to country of 5.2M people