Cape Town - Five brand-new TV programmes will kick off on VIA (DStv 147) this July and several old favourites are also returning to the Afrikaans lifestyle channel for new seasons.
1. In Heidi Hollywood, the colourful entrepreneur Heidi du Toit invites us into her costume megastore in Krugersdorp West. Viewers will meet a host of characters, from her quirky employees to celebrities looking for costume inspiration. Heidi Hollywood starts on 9 July with new episodes on Mondays at 18:00 and repeats on Saturdays at 14:30.
2. In Twee Blondines Op Toer, besties Anelma le Roux and Irusha Kröhn – of VIA’s proposal show Sê net ja – decide to go on one last girls’ trip before starting the next chapter of their lives: Motherhood. They have 15 days to travel through ten cities in seven countries in Eastern Europe. Add a tight budget and two opposing travel styles to the mix and watch as hilarity ensues. Starts on 18 July with new episodes on Wednesdays at 18:00 and repeats on Sundays at 22:00.
3. From 18 July, Wednesdays at 20:00 will now be dedicated to a series of special international documentaries. This doccie slot – which will be called Ons Praat Oor – will be dedicated to specials about the events and people on everyone’s lips right now, from Harvey Weinstein to the house of Windsor. With repeats on Sundays at 18:00.
4. In Die Alpenrose two friends, Anco Henning and Gerhard Marx decide to head off to Switzerland to explore the Swiss Alps like Heidi and Peter of the popular children’s TV show. They tackle a range of adventures from climbing a glacier to learning to blow the Alpenhorn. Starts on 20 July, with new episodes on Fridays at 17:00 and repeats on Sundays at 22:30.
5. And then, a brand-new food show called Baard, Bos en Kos starts on 24 July. In this show Meyer le Roux of Buffelfontein Baardolie and the chef John Hall embark on a culinary adventure: The bearded duo head off to unexpected places to whip up gourmet food using strange equipment and techniques. Expect everything from pothoender cooked on a car engine in the middle of the Karoo to catching and smoking trout under a waterfall. New episodes on Tuesdays at 17:30 and repeats on Sundays at 21:30.
WATCH A TRAILER FOR THE NEW SHOWS HERE:
The wedding show Troutrane is back on 10 July with new episodes on Tuesdays at 18:00.
Alos starting on 10 July, Landbouweekliks’ third season will now be an hour long and will repeat on Saturdays at 07:00 and Sundays at 17:00.
The psychologist and foodie Elmarie Claassens returns with Hartskos on 12 July. New episodes will air on Thursdays at 17:30.
Christi Panagio and Die Skatties returns on 12 July for more inspirational makeovers. New episodes will air on Thursdays at 18:00.
The tenth season of the ever-popular Kom Ons Braai kicks off on 13 July with new episodes on Fridays at 18:00.
Carmen Niehaus returns to the Wenresep kitchen from 16 July in a new timeslot: Mondays at 17:00.
The home-makeover show My Plek of Joune? also returns on 16 July in a new timeslot: Mondays at 17:30.
VIA’s Konings van Kitskos, Alvin Bruinders and Gerhard Steyn also return in a new timeslot from 18 July: Wednesdays at 17:30.
Jack Parow and Die Kliek are back from 20 July and this time on Fridays at 20:00.
Mareli “Die koektannie” Visser returns on 31 July on Tuesdays at 17:00.
WATCH A TRAILER FOR THE RETURNING SHOWS HERE:
(Photos supplied: VIA)