You may be fashionable, but to perfect that skill requires attention to the smallest details. Being stylish by following the trends can be easy,
but to maintain that stability of being well-dressed at all times needs to be impeccable. There are certain rules a gentleman should never break when it comes to style. We list down 7 of them for you to follow to remain meticulously in style.
1. While you may have some of the best collections of shirts made from the best fabrics, a small patch of wrinkle will take away from all the good qualities. Never wear a wrinkled shirt. It may be a nice shirt, but if it’s not ironed, it will look shabby. If you’re in a hurry and have no time to iron it completely, make it simpler by ironing just parts of it- cuffs, collar etc. Put on a jacket over it to cover the creased parts but of course, this is only if you have absolutely no time to iron.
2. Keeping up with trends is one thing, wearing each trend without though is sure to be a big disaster. When you’re accessorizing, remember that it is very easy to cross the line of overdoing it. A smart tie or pocket square is all you need to bring out the class in a blazer. The idea is to keep it simple and classy and not letting the accessories overpower the style.
3. On a bad hair-day, don’t use too much spray. A quick wash if possible, or a trendy hat can help.
4. Always remember: dry cleaning is not the solution to everything. Yes, it keeps your garments clean as new but also damages them with time. So, more often than not, avoid putting your clothes to dry clean with every wear.
5. Pink is not a girl’s colour. For that matter, neither is lavender, coral or peach. They may sound pretty but it only takes a stylish man to turn them into macho looking colour options for shirts or pants.
6. Leather shoes that have a shine are not your only options for formal shoes. They are, in fact, one of the many other options like loafers or dress shoes, saddle shoes or brogues that look as classy as your leathers.
7. Always match your metals. A classic watch paired with the same metal cufflinks almost always does the trick.
You may also like: