Happy Pi Day!
Today is a day where we can all come together and think serious thoughts about everyone’s favourite number, pi.
Well, that’s what you’d think would happen. But instead of sitting in silence contemplating the possibilities of 3.14159265…, many people seemed to be more interested in food.
That’s right, Einstein would be turning in his grave if he knew these people were more interested in some different types of pie than the important number.
1. Prominent chef Wolfgang Puck was by no means the only person to devour a pizza in a tenuous way to honour Pi Day.
— Wolfgang Puck (@WolfgangPuck) March 14, 2017
2. This person took the atrocity one step further by adding mac and cheese to their pizza – something we’re sure Einstein wouldn’t approve of.
— Mari Doroud (@M_Doroud) March 14, 2017
3. Yes, yes, we get it. Pizza pie = Pi Day. Very clever.
— Shelby Heary (@shelby_heary) March 14, 2017
4. Pizzas aren’t the only foodstuff people are thoughtlessly using to celebrate Pi Day.
— Stephanie Steinberg (@Steph_Steinberg) March 7, 2017
5. Sure, the pies look delicious – but this is no way to celebrate some serious maths!
— Pardee Center – IFs (@PardeeCenterIFs) March 14, 2017
6. Mini pie = mini celebration of Pi Day.
Reasons to go to VT: they give you free pie on pi day pic.twitter.com/WjLwSPwTaC
— McKinley Mullins (@McKinleyMullins) March 14, 2017
7. When will all this pun-based tomfoolery end?!
— Denise Harrington (@DHtweet1) March 14, 2017
8. These greedy guts got BOTH types of pies.
— paul clymer (@paulclymer) March 14, 2017
9. So did this lot. And on that note, we’re going to go and study the hallowed number in a more appropriate way, with some graph paper.
— Kimball Anim Hosp (@kimballanimal) March 14, 2017
Well, it can’t hurt to have maybe one slice of pizza while we do sums…