Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s director wife Sam finally responds to James Bond rumors

Sam Taylor-Johnson asked about husband Aaron as James Bond rumors — see her response
Sam Taylor-Johnson asked about husband Aaron as James Bond rumors -- see her response

Sam Taylor-Johnson has addressed the rumors surrounding her husband Aaron Taylor-Johnson taking on the role as James Bond.

In an upcoming appearance on “The Jonathan Ross Show” set to air Saturday, the 57-year-old director stayed mum about her 33-year-old husband’s possible new gig.

“You mean that I might direct a Bond film? The first woman director,” Sam dodged Ross’ question about the speculation.

Sam Taylor-Johnson (left) and Aaron Taylor-Johnson attend the Charles Finch & Chanel 2024 Pre-BAFTA Party at 5 Hertford Street on Feb. 17 in London. Alan Chapman/Dave Benett/Getty Images
Sam Taylor-Johnson (left) and Aaron Taylor-Johnson attend the Charles Finch & Chanel 2024 Pre-BAFTA Party at 5 Hertford Street on Feb. 17 in London. Alan Chapman/Dave Benett/Getty Images

The couple, who faces criticism for their 23-year age gap, met in 2009 on the set of the John Lennon biopic “Nowhere Boy” which she directed and he starred in. They also worked together in a 2018 film adaptation of author James Frey’s “A Million Little Pieces.”

Sam told Ross about directing her hubby, “It’s really interesting. When I directed Nowhere Boy, he wasn’t my husband. When I directed ‘A Million Little Pieces’ he was.”

Aaron pictured in December 2019. Getty Images for IMDb
Aaron pictured in December 2019. Getty Images for IMDb

“He gets very intense. It’s quite interesting depending on what character he’s playing. ‘Nocturnal Animals’ for example, was very hard,” she said of Aaron’s role in Tom Ford’s 2016 neo-noir psychological thriller film. “He was not washing, his nails were really long, he was drinking and he was watching a lot of serial killer documentaries.”

“He wanted to be toxic from the inside in order to play such a toxic character,” Sam continued. “There was one morning when he woke up and thought the bed was on fire but we were actually saging him.”

Aaron has reportedly been “formally offered” the chance to play James Bond in a new flick by EON Productions, which makes 007 films, that is said to be preparing to film later this year.

He has already received the stamp of approval from two former Bond stars, Pierce Brosnan and George Lazenby.

The couple in 2015. Michael Buckner
The couple in 2015. Michael Buckner

“I think the man has the chops and the talent and the charisma to play Bond, very much so,” Brosnan told RTÉ Radio 1 earlier this week.

Lazenby, meanwhile, told TMZ that Aaron “can handle the stunts, and all the ladies who love a man in a tux.”