The singer, who has admitted it was the worst moment of her career, told ELLE UK the controversial decision was made as she performed a soundcheck at the massive Colosseum at Caesars Palace venue, where she was set to perform.
"There was just no soul in it," she told the publication.
"The stage set-up wasn't right. It was very disconnected from me and my band, and it lacked intimacy.
"And maybe I tried too hard to give it those things in such a controlled environment."
The 34-year-old took to Instagram to cancel the gigs in a tearful video post just hours before her first performance in January.
Her pulling the plug stunned and upset fans who had already purchased the pricey tickets and made plans to travel - many from out of state and even from different countries - to see their idol perform.
She told ELLE that she struggled to cope with the fallout afterwards, but remains defiant.
"The first couple of months were really, really hard," she said.
"But it actually made my self-confidence grow, because it was a very brave thing to do.
"And I don’t think many people would have done what I did. I’m very proud of myself for standing by my artistic needs."
The mother-of-one said she will now focus on a new show that she's personally overseen and that her priority is creating the intimacy she felt was missing.
The star's revamped 32 concert dates will run from November 18, 2022 to March 25, 2023.
"I want to tell the story of the beginning of my career to now," she explained.
"I’m not gonna give too much away about it, but the show grows.
"It’s all about the music, and it’s really, really nostalgic. It’s gonna be so beautiful."
After rescheduled dates were leaked, the star took to Instagram to confirm them and thanked fans for their "patience".
The new issue of ELLE UK is on newsstands now.