Alien hunters say they have spotted a crash-landed UFO in a Google Earth image of Antarctica.
Extra-terrestrial enthusiasts say they located the mysterious object on South Georgia Island in the Southern Atlantic Ocean.
They claim it could represent a crash-landed spacecraft of some kind.
In the image, the long narrow shape lies in the snow and ice with a trail behind it.
The image was captured and posted online in a video by YouTube channel SecureTeam10, who believe it may indicate there is other life out there in the stars.
“It appears to be some sort of massive elongated or cigar-shaped object that at some point – and we don’t know when – came to a screeching halt in the snow,” the alien hunters said.
“This could be something which came from the air and crash-landed.”
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Thousands of homes across UK left without water as thawing temperatures bursts pipes
- Jamie Oliver says poverty-stricken obese Brits eat badly because they think ‘in a different gear’
- Firefighters push stranded woman through snow and ice after electric wheelchair breaks down
- Falling into a black hole ‘would erase your past but give you infinite possible futures’
- UK far-right groups a growing threat as they prepare for ‘civil war’ between the West and Islam
However, many observers pointed out that the shape could be anything but out of this world.
Some theorised it was merely a rock that had been pushed along a glacier.
One YouTube viewer said he was stationed on the island with the Royal Navy.
He said: “The research station on the island asked us to fly a photographic recce over the entire island to document population and locations of reindeer.
“As the photographer on that recce, I can confirm 100 per cent that what you see in the image is just the result of a glacial slide. Sorry.”
But other commenters aren’t so certain.
One said: “Healthy scepticism is fine. But this object has left a nearly perfect, symmetrical, evenly-spaced trail behind it for 3,000+ feet.”