Amber Heard Is ‘Ready To Take The Stand’ In Legal Battle Against Johnny Depp

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

Suspicions were roused when Amber Heard’s deposition in her permanent restraining order court hearing against her estranged husband Johnny Depp was postponed last week.

Speculation was rife regarding the reason for the delay in proceedings, with some reports claiming that the Hollywood actress had made an excuse about having a fitting for the upcoming Justice League film to avoid taking the stand.

Copyright [Clint Brewer/Splash News]

However, an insider has now told E! News that the 30-year-old is more than “willing and ready to be deposed” and that the real reason for the delayed deposition was simply due to a court procedure.

Depp’s attorney, Laura Wasser, had reportedly filed a request nine days before the deposition – but since the court requires 10 days notice, it was deemed invalid, according to the website.

Wasser then filed for an emergency deposition, but the court found no grounds for the application, and so it was denied.

Copyright [Stephen Lovekin/REX/Shutterstock]

The insider revealed: “Amber and witnesses were ready to go to court on June 17 and testify under oath and tell the truth… She wants to do this. She was ready to go. She is ready to testify, and she is just waiting [to do so].”

The former couple’s legal teams have been discussing a settlement outside of court, according to the source, who also reiterated that “Amber is not in it for the money.”

It is believed that the exes are keen to end the war between them and reach a mutual agreement, dividing up property as well as agreeing on a spousal support amount.

Copyright [Broadimage/REX/Shutterstock]

Last month, Heard filed for divorce from Depp after 15 months of marriage – and less than a week later, she filed a domestic violence restraining order against him, which was subsequently granted.

The Pirates Of The Caribbean actor has strenuously denied the allegations, with his representative releasing a statement shortly after the news broke.

“Given the brevity of this marriage and the most recent and tragic loss of his mother, Johnny will not respond to any of the salacious false stories, gossip, misinformation and lies about his personal live,” they told E! News. “Hopefully the dissolution of this short marriage will be resolved quickly.”

In the meantime, Amber’s restraining order against Johnny reportedly remains in place, with a trial scheduled for August 15th.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting