What is there to do when you are a bored celebrity in the middle of a pandemic? Play golf for a good cause — social distanced, of course.
That is the 2020 American Century Championship in a nutshell as a who's who of current and former athletes, actors and other famous faces head to Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course overlooking Lake Tahoe for the annual celebrity golf tournament. NBC is broadcasting all three rounds of the event live.
The 72-player field in 2020 includes everyone from NFL quarterbacks Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers to NBA MVP Stephen Curry and his dad, Dell, plus entertainment personalities Ray Romano, Miles Teller and Larry the Cable Guy, among others.
Former NFL quarterback and CBS analyst Tony Romo is also back to defend his titles after winning the tournament in consecutive years. Romo, who dabbles in PGA Tour tournaments on occasion, is a mainstay at the ACC, finishing in the top five in each of his seven appearances.
Curry, who finished seventh in 2019, could prove to be Romo's top challenger making his eighth appearance. Former MLB ace Mark Mulder has won three times (2015-17).
Here's everything to know about the 2020 American Century Championship, including a list of tee times (updated daily), the complete TV schedule, player list, betting odds and more.
American Century Championship golf schedule
- Dates: July 10-12
- TV channels: NBC, NBCSN
- Live stream: NBCSports.com, fuboTV (7-day free trial)
Live TV coverage of the 2020 American Century Championship begins Friday from 5-8 p.m. ET on NBC Sports. Rounds 2-3 on Saturday and Sunday will be broadcast on NBC with coverage scheduled to start at 3 p.m. ET each day. All three rounds will re-air on the Golf Channel at 10 p.m. ET following the original broadcasts.
The tournament can be live-streamed via NBCSports.com as well as fuboTV, which offers a free seven-day trial.
|Date||TV times||TV channel|
|Friday, July 10||5-8 p.m. ET||NBCSN, fuboTV|
|Saturday, July 11||3-6 p.m. ET||NBC, fuboTV|
|Sunday, July 12||3-6 p.m. ET||NBC, fuboTV|
American Century Championship 2020 player list
The list of players for the American Century Championship features 72 current or retired athletes, broadcasters and entertainers, including 32 from the NFL, five from the NBA, 12 from MLB, two boxers, two tennis stars and a world long drive competitor.
|Oscar De La Hoya|
|Vinny Del Negro|
|Larry the Cable Guy|
|Joe Don Rooney|
American Century Championship tee times & pairings
Here is the complete list of tee times and pairings for Sunday's final round at the American Century Championship. All times are Eastern.
Sunday, July 12
- 11:25 a.m. - Jim McMahon, James Blake, Jay Bilas
- 11:30 a.m. - Roger Clemens, Eric Weddle, Chase Utley
- 11:35 a.m. - Kevin Millar, Brian McCann, Joe Don Rooney
- 11:40 a.m. - Greg Maddux, Shane Victorino, Brandon McManus
- 11:45 a.m. - A.J. Hawk, Brian Baumgartner, Aaron Rodgers
- 11:50 a.m. - Joe Buck, Kyle Fuller, Cooper Kupp
- 11:55 a.m. - Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson, Jerry Rice
- Noon - Tim Brown, Marcus Allen, Steve Young
- 12:05 p.m. - Oscar De La Hoya, Bret Baier, Tim Wakefield
- 12:10 p.m. - Jimmy Rollins, Troy Mullins, Reggie Bush
- 12:15 p.m. - Alfonso Ribeiro, Michael Pena, Ozzie Smith
- 12:20 p.m. - Rob Riggle, Jay DeMarcus, Kira K. Dixon
- 12:25 p.m. - Travis Kelce, Patrick Mahomes, Mike Vrabel
- 12:30 p.m. - Andre Reed, Terrell Davis, Charles Woodson
- 12:35 p.m. - Deron Williams, Adam Thielen, Stephen Curry
- 12:40 p.m. - Miles Teller, Ray Romano, Chace Crawford
- 12:45 p.m. - Jerome Bettis, Jake Wagner, Case Keenum
- 12:50 p.m. - Doug Flutie, Kyle Rudolph, DeMarcus Ware
- 12:55 p.m. - Vinny Del Negro, Mark Mulder, Carson Palmer
- 1 p.m. - Chauncey Billups, Canelo Alvarez, Anthony Lynn
- 1:05 p.m. - Derek Lowe, Dell Curry, Tony Romo
- 1:10 p.m. - Larry the Cable Guy, John O'Hurley, Kathryn Tappen
- 1:15 p.m. - John Smoltz, Kyle Williams, Mandy Fish
- 1:20 p.m. - Charles Barkley, Eddie George
American Century Championship odds
Tony Romo was the betting favorite to win the American Century Championship tournament for a third year in a row, according to odds via Sports Insider.
- Tony Romo -120
- Mark Mulder +250
- Derek Lowe +1200
- Mardy Fish +1200
- Stephen Curry +1800
- Jack Wagner +2000
- Case Keenum +2200
- Kyle Williams +2200
- John Smoltz +3300
- Joe Buck +4000
- Adam Thielen +5000
- Bret Baier +6600
- Aaron Rodgers +10000
- Dell Curry +10000
- Brandon McManus +12500
- Brian Urlacher +12500
- Carson Palmer +12500
- Jerry Rice +12500
- Cooper Kupp +15000
- Kevin Millar +15000
- Tom Glavine +15000
- Vinny del Negro +15000
- Brian McCann +20000
American Century Championship prize money
An estimated $600,000 in prize money will be donated to charities supporting social justice reform and COVID-19 relief efforts, according to tournament organizers.
American Century Championship format
The American Century Championship follows a modified Stableford format, which awards points based on stroke totals for each hole. The player with the highest point total after three rounds (54 holes) is the winner.
Here is the scoring breakdown:
- 10 points for a double eagle
- 8 points for a hole-in-one
- 6 points for an eagle
- 3 points for a birdie
- 1 point for par
- 0 points for bogey
- -2 points for double-bogey or higher
American Century Championship winners
Here are the winners of the 10 most recent American Century Championship tournaments between 2010 and 2019.
|2013||Billy Joe Tolliver||67|
|2010||Billy Joe Tolliver||84|