Ana Kriegel murder: Two boys, both 14, found guilty of murdering teenage girl in Dublin

Tania Snuggs, news reporter

Two teenagers have been found guilty of the murder of a 14-year-old girl in Dublin.

Ana Kriegel's naked body was discovered in a derelict house in Lucan - with around 50 injuries inflicted upon her - days after she went missing on 14 May, last year.

The cause of death was concluded to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.

The jury was shown a long wooden stick and a concrete block that was removed from the scene.

The girl's killers, both 14, have been granted anonymity because of their age and throughout the six-week trial they were referred to as Boy A and Boy B.

Boy A has also been found guilty of aggravated sexual assault.

After the verdicts, Ana's parents hugged each other and their friends and wept in the courtroom.

The second boy's father immediately left the room, slamming the door behind him, before returning - clapping and shouting that "an innocent child is going to prison".

His son's defence counsel told the jury that the boy, who was accused of luring Ana to the site of her death, was "set up" by his co-accused.

He told officers he returned home from school that day, when Boy A called to his house and asked him to call for Ana.

He claimed he wanted to tell her that he did not want a relationship with her, as someone had previously told him Ana liked Boy A.

He said: "At first I said no but then he started saying 'please, please, please'. At last I agreed."

Boy B later admitted he had been in the house with Ana and Boy A but ran away when Boy A began raping Ana.

During questioning, the first boy admitted he was with Ana on 14 May, but when police told him that her parents reported her missing at 8pm, he denied being with her up to that time.

Boy A returned home that night with several injuries, but claimed he was attacked by two men in the local park where he had last seen her.

Ana's mother told the court she was "immediately concerned" when she discovered her daughter had left home with one of the boys.

Both boys have been remanded in custody until 15 July.