Ant Middleton compares himself to Piers Morgan as he shrugs off cancel culture
Ant Middleton has compared himself to Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson as he insisted being cancelled will not be the end of his career.
SAS: Who Dares Wins star was dropped by Channel 4 earlier this month due to his "personal conduct", while Morgan quit Good Morning Britain just a week later, having refused to apologise for calling Meghan Markle a liar over her claims of racism within the royal family.
Middleton told The Diary of A CEO podcast: "This last week so many doors have opened, production companies and channels calling me.
Read more: Ant Middleton's name 'removed from Prince's Trust website' after 'SAS' exit
"You get cancelled then that’s your career done but you’ve got Piers Morgans, Jeremy Clarksons and now you’ve got your Ant Middletons."
Absurd that Channel 4 fired @antmiddleton for his opinions. He's an SBS special forces war hero, what did they think they were hiring - a shrinking violet choirboy? Such a spineless surrender to the PC Police.
Ant's a top bloke - when he's not strangling me. pic.twitter.com/3HX4GJPhaV
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) March 2, 2021
He added: "I’m not going to be comfortable with everyone, and I’m not going to be their cup of tea.
"Well that’s fine because guess what, I don’t want to work with you."
Jeremy Clarkson was axed by the BBC from Top Gear after punching a producer, before being signed up by Amazon Prime to host new car show The Grand Tour, along with co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond.
Morgan claims to have had offers from new channel GB News along with other presenting roles he is yet to disclose, since he walked away from ITV breakfast show GMB.
Ex Royal Marine Middleton, 40, blamed "woke culture" for Channel 4's decision not to renew his contract.
He said: "If you're a snowflake, if you're easily offended – you do not belong on the set of SAS: Who Dares Wins. This is not Celebrity Big Brother – even though it's turned into that.
"You've got a group of military alpha males that are going to put people through a gruelling process. And if you don't like what you see then don't come and work on the set.
Read more: Piers Morgan says Susanna Reid was angry with him over quitting 'Good Morning Britain'
"But now it's turned into this PC, woke, everyone in their safety bubble – if you hear anything that offends you make sure you complain. That's a show gone. It's a reality show now. The PC patrol and the woke patrol have taken over."
Filming has already completed on the sixth series of SAS: Who Dares Wins, along with a celebrity special, both due to air later this year featuring Middleton.
The father-of-five – who resigned from his role as the Royal Navy’s chief cadet last year – came under criticism for comments he made about the Black Lives Matter protests as well as the coronavirus pandemic. He later apologised for both social media posts.
Middleton joined the army at the age of 17 in 1998 and served for 14 years. He served four years of a 14-month prison sentence in 2013 for unlawful wounding and common assault on two police officers outside a nightclub in Essex.
He recently took part in celebrity survival show Straight Talking with Australian actor Rebel Wilson.
Watch: Ant Middleton insists his career is not over