The Apprentice star Navid Sole claims on-set bullying was ignored

·1-min read
The Apprentice cast for 2022. (BBC)
The Apprentice cast for 2022. (BBC)

BBC One's The Apprentice is facing claims of on-set bullying as a recently fired contestant accused producers of ignoring bullying.

Contestant Navid Sole, who left the show last week (Thursday, January 20) has spoken out and accused the show's booses of not offering him help after he was bullied by a fellow contestant.

Sole alleged that a contestant called him a "snake" and a "clown" after a task they were teamed together on failed, telling friends he broke down in tears after the incident.

The failed contestant also accused producers of failing to stop the confrontation and not checking on Sole after to ask if he was okay.

News Shopper: Former contestant Navid Sole. (BBC)
News Shopper: Former contestant Navid Sole. (BBC)

Former contestant Navid Sole. (BBC)

According to The Mirror, Sole had asked to switch rooms in The Apprentice houseshare as the producers could see he was distressed.

He also told friends he was "scared" the producers would eliminate him if discussed the accusations, adding that his time on the show and wellbeing was affected by what happened.

However, in a response from BBC spokesperson, they told Digital Spy that "The wellbeing of the candidates who take part in The Apprentice is of paramount importance.

"Thorough and robust duty of care protocols are in place which include an experienced network of support for candidates who are in regular contact before, during and after filming."

Adding that a code of conduct is in place to protect and prioritise welfare, and that Sole had never informed producers of his feelings.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting