Asda urges customers to stop using product over potential fire risk

Asda said the vacuum batteries could overheat and pose a fire risk <i>(Image: PA)</i>
Asda said the vacuum batteries could overheat and pose a fire risk (Image: PA)

Asda has issued an urgent product recall for a cordless vacuum over concerns that it could go on fire when left unattended.

The Goblin GHV102W-20 White Mini Handheld Cordless Vac is sold in stores across the UK and is said to have battery issues.

Describing the issue, the supermarket giant said: "ASDA has determined that in some units of the Goblin handheld Vacs, the battery may overheat and could pose a fire safety risk if left on charge and unattended."

Asda issues urgent product recall for cordless vacuum over fire risk

Asda issued the recall this week (Image: Asda)

Explaining what affected customers should do, Asda said the product should be returned to the nearest store for a full refund.

The brand said: "Stop using the unit and return it to your nearest ASDA store for a full refund or exchange.

"We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you would like any further information, please contact Asda Customer Relations on 0800 952 0101."

Products with the site codes 15A.08.20.115, 15A.10.21.181 and 15A.09.22.168 are affected by this recall.

It is noted that products with the code 15A.09.22.168A are not subject to this.

The Bolton News: Aldi and Tesco also issued recalls this week
The Bolton News: Aldi and Tesco also issued recalls this week

Aldi and Tesco also issued recalls this week (Image: Asda)

This comes after Aldi and Tesco issued 'do not eat' warnings for various products this week.

Tesco recalled its Tesco Sandwich Pickle due to the possible presence of “small pieces of glass”.

The affected Sandwich Pickle comes in a 295g jar, has a batch code of 3254 and a best before date of September 11, 2025.

Aldi shoppers have also been warned not to eat two pork products from the supermarket as they are “unsafe to eat”.

The two pork products have been labelled incorrectly, with the wrong use-by dates used.

The affected products are the Ashfields Grill Chinese Pork Loin Steaks and BBQ Pork Loin Steaks.

The recall affects 500g packs of the pork with use by dates of June 22.