Cape Town – More details about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding, set to take place on 19 May, have been revealed.
Kensington Palace announced in a statement on Friday who the royal couple will be inviting from the public to attend their special day.
“Prince Harry and Ms. Markle would like their wedding day to be shaped to allow members of the public to share in the joy and the fun of the day.”
Prince Harry and Ms. Markle would like their wedding day to be shaped to allow members of the public to share in the joy and the fun of the day. They have today given further details how public guests will be involved in the celebrations on May 19. pic.twitter.com/V62uqRW8m0— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) March 2, 2018
The statement further revealed that they will invite 2 640 members of the public to Windsor Castle on their wedding day.
The large group will be made up of the following:
* 1 200 people from all corners of the UK be selected by Lord Lieutenants, including young people who have shown strong leadership and those who have served their communities.
* 200 people from charities and organisations close to Prince Harry and Ms. Markle.
* 100 pupils from two local schools namely: The Royal School, Great Park, Windsor and St George's School, Windsor Castle
* 610 Windsor Castle community members including residents and members of St George’s Chapel
* 530 Members of The Royal Households and Crown Estate
No further details regarding who is on Harry and Meghan’s personal list of guests has been released.
READ THE FULL STATEMENT HERE:
Read the press release in full here: https://t.co/5gkUZgQGM8— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) March 2, 2018