Audi is already gearing up a production plant for the gorgeous looking e-tron GT.
Start of production is planned for late 2020 as the company is currently upgrading the site and adding around 10,000 m² of additional space to handle the all-electric model.
While the R8 is heavily hand-made, the e-tron GT concept will be produced mostly separately using a highly automated production line, which also proves the intention for much higher volume.
E-Tron GT experience:
- Audi E-Tron GT Super Bowl commercial is a heavenly experience
- Tony Stark arrives in Audi E-Tron GT at Avengers: Endgame premiere
Since the Audi e-tron GT shares a lot with the Porsche Taycan, it could be a much better value proposition for a similar level of performance.
Audi e-tron GT concept:
- more than 90 kWh battery
- over 248.5 miles of range (WLTP)
- dual motor (PMSM) all-wheel drive with torque vectoring
- system output: 590 bhp
- 0-62 mph in about 3.5 seconds
- 0-124 mph in over 12 seconds
- top speed of 149 mph
- 800 V battery system voltage
- fast charging: 0-80% in 20-minutes
- wireless charging at 11 kW (on-board charger is at least 11 kW)
- 450 litres of luggage capacity plus extra 100 litres under the bonnet
- 4.96-metre length, 1.96-metre width and 1.38-metre height