Avengers: Endgame was the big winner at the 2019 MTV Movie & TV Awards, taking home three prizes including Best Movie.
The Marvel blockbuster also won Best Hero for Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man and Best Villain for Josh Brolin's Thanos, while fellow MCU movie Captain Marvel took Best Fight for Carol Danvers vs Minn-Erva.
Meanwhile, that other huge cultural phenomenon of recent months, Game of Thrones, walked away with Best Show – though lost out on its other nominations.
On the performance side of things, it was a good night for Lady Gaga and Elisabeth Moss, who took home the top prizes of Best Performance in a Movie for A Star Is Born and Best Performance in a Show for The Handmaid's Tale, respectively.
A Star Is Born also won Best Musical Moment for 'Shallow', while another top movie of the evening was Netflix's To All the Boys I've Loved Before, which won Best Breakthrough Performance for Noah Centineo and Best Kiss for Centineo and Lana Condor.
Netflix also won for Bird Box, with Sandra Bullock receiving the Most Frightened Performance award.
A big highlight of the show was Dwayne Johnson receiving the Generation Award, who opened up about his early movie career struggles in his acceptance speech.
"This half-black, half-Samoan, six-foot-four, 275-pounds pro wrestler. Hollywood did not know what to do so I was told at that time you've got to be a certain way," he said.
"You've got to drop some weight, you've got to be somebody different, you've got to stop working out... you've got to stop calling yourself The Rock."
Johnson added: "So I made a choice, and the choice was I wasn't going to conform to Hollywood, Hollywood was going to conform to me. So Hollywood conformed to me and here I am with all of you receiving the Generation Award."
Another standout moment was Brie Larson's acceptance speech for Captain Marvel's Best Fight win, the actress bringing up her stunt doubles Renae Moneymaker and Joanna Bennett to speak as well.
Here's the full list of winners:
- Best Movie - Avengers: Endgame
- Best Show - Game of Thrones
- Best Performance in a Movie - Lady Gaga (A Star Is Born)
- Best Performance in a Show - Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid's Tale)
- Breakthrough Performance - Noah Centineo (To All The Boys I've Loved Before)
- Best Comedic Performance - Daniel Levy (Schitt's Creek)
- Most Frightened Performance - Sandra Bullock (Bird Box)
- Best Hero - Tony Stark/Iron Man (Avengers: Endgame)
- Best Villain - Thanos (Avengers: Endgame)
- Best Real-Life Hero - Ruth Bader Ginsburg (RBG)
- Best Host - Nick Cannon (Wild 'n Out)
- Best Fight - Captain Marvel vs Minn-Erva (Captain Marvel)
- Best Kiss - Noah Centineo and Lana Condor (To All The Boys I've Loved Before)
- Best Documentary - Surviving R Kelly
- Best Musical Moment - A Star Is Born
- Most Meme-able Moment - Colton Underwood jumps the fence (The Bachelor)
- Reality Royalty - Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta
- Trailblazer Award - Jada Pinkett Smith
- Generation Award - Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
('You Might Also Like',)