Baby P's mother Tracey Connelly ‘to launch freedom bid by Christmas’

Andy Wells
Freelance Writer
Baby P’s mum Tracey Connelly could be out of prison by Christmas (PA)

The mother of tragic toddler Baby P is reportedly set to launch a fresh parole bid as early as Christmas.

Tracey Connelly was jailed in 2009 for allowing her partner and his brother to torture 17-month-old Peter to death in Haringey, north London.

However, the 35-year-old could be out of jail by December, according to The Mirror – if she is able to convince a Parole Board that she is no longer a danger to the public.

Connelly was released on licence in October 2013 but she was later recalled to HMP Styal in Cheshire 18 months later, after she was accused of selling indecent images of herself.

The Parole Board ruled that she was still a risk to public safety in 2015, stating: “Under current legislation Ms Connelly will be eligible for a further review within two years.”

Connelly’s partner Steven Barker tortured Peter over a period of eight months (PA)

However, The Mirror understands Connelly is set to apply for a new hearing in the coming weeks where the Board must decide if there is “no risk of serious harm” to others.

Baby Peter was found dead in 2007 in his blood-stained cot at his mother’s flat after 60 visits from social workers and police.

He had been tortured by Connelly’s partner, Steven Barker, and his paedophile brother, Jason Owen, over an eight-month period.


Bradford primary school BANS sausage rolls in packed lunches for being unhealthy
British Airways hostess ‘sacked’ over racist Snapchat video insists she quit
Jeremy Corbyn tears into Daily Mail during Labour Party conference speech
Trump’s claim that a US student was tortured in North Korea may not be true

The toddler had suffered more than 50 injuries in a case that shocked Britain.

Owen and Barker were found guilty of ‘causing or allowing the death of a child’ while Connelly had pleaded guilty to the charge.

Barker was jailed for 12 years for the Baby P case, as well as a life sentence for raping a two-year-old girl.

Owen was also jailed indefinitely and ordered to serve three years minimum.