The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for a bomb attack during a Sunday service at a Protestant church in the eastern Congolese town of Kasindi that killed at least 10 people and wounded 39.
Details of the attack are hazy, but Congolese military spokesman Antony Mualushayi said the "terrorist act" happened in a Pentecostal church in North Kivu province's Kasindi, a town on the border with Uganda.
A Kenyan was arrested following the bomb blast, he added.
The explosion killed at least 10 people and wounded 39, Mualushayi said, revising up an initial death toll of five. Both tolls were provisional, he said.
Joel Kitausa, a local civil-society figure, also put the death toll at 10, and said 58 people had been wounded.
But the spokesman for Uganda's military operation in the DRC, Bilal Katamba, said on Sunday evening that 16 people had been killed in the blast, and 20 wounded.
"The attackers used an IED to carry out the attack and we suspect ADF is behind the attack," he added.
AFP was unable to independently confirm the death toll.
The DRC's communications ministry said on social media that the attack was apparently carried out by the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) - which the Islamic State group claims as its affiliate in central Africa.
The ADF is one of the deadliest of the more than 120 armed groups in eastern DRC, many of them the legacy of regional wars that flared at the turn of the century.
But the attacks have continued.
Read more on FRANCE 24 English
European Union urges Rwanda to stop supporting M23 rebels in DR Congo
A look back at the major African news stories of 2022
DR Congo's M23 rebels pledge to retreat from strategic town of Kibumba