Previously, the Dede Gardner-Jeremy Kleiner-Pitt run studio had a three year first look with Annapurna Pictures, which released Oscar winners Barry Jenkins’ If Beale Street Could Talk and Adam McKay’s Vice about former Vice President Dick Cheney.
More from Deadline
- Tom Ascheim Joins Warner Bros As President of Global Kids, Young Adults And Classics
- International Box Office: Top 10 Markets Fall 59% In "Disaster" First Quarter Amid Coronavirus; What's Next? - Charts
- Sony- & Warner Bros-Backed Streamer Hooq Collapses
The deal, according to Variety which broke the news, calls for Warners to have exclusive options on all Plan B film projects. Plan B launched at Warner Bros. in 2002 and made such movies as the Best Picture Oscar winner The Departed and The Assassion of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
Plan B has Jon Stewart’s political drama Irresistible in the pipeline schedule for a May 29 release via Focus Features, Sundance feature premiere Kajillionaire also at Focus scheduled for a June 19 debut, and Lee Isaac Chung’s Minari, via A24, which won this year’s Sundance U.S. dramatic grand jury prize.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Passes 12,000; New York State Sees Deadliest Day Again - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto