British girl, 4, battling for her life after being sucked into hot tub filter at hotel

A four-year-old British girl is fighting for her life in hospital after she was sucked into a hot tub filter at a hotel.

Isabella Floyd was in a jacuzzi with her mother Nicola, 28, at a resort in Bulgaria when her bottom became stuck.

The vacuum sucked her into the filter despite the efforts of her mother to free her, the Sun reported.

She was only freed after the intervention of a lifeguard who cut the power to the hot tub.

The child’s bowel was badly damaged in the freak accident and doctors have performed two operations on her.

MORE: Campaigners call for simpler recycling bin collections to combat current ‘confusing’ system
MORE: Tourists blamed for the death of the famous swimming pigs of The Bahamas

Isabella is now in intensive care in hospital in the Black Sea resort of Varna.

She was at the Admiral Hotel in the popular tourist area of Golden Sands when the accident happened.

The girl was staying with her mother at the Admiral Hotel in Golden Sands, Bulgaria (Picture: Hotel Admiral)

Ms Floyd, who lives in Bulgaria but is originally from Waterlooville, Hampshire, told the Sun: “I was sitting in one corner and Isabella was in another corner trying to copy her mum.

“She started screaming. The filter pump had sucked her bottom.

“There was no lid on the filter. She didn’t go under water. I was holding her.

“She was shouting ‘my tummy, my tummy’. I tried to pull her up and break the vacuum, but it was too strong. I tried to break the vacuum with my fingers.

The Bulgarian resort of Varna is popular with tourists (Picture: Getty)

“My mother switched the jacuzzi off and ran for help but it still would not let her go. She was there for about a minute.

“Isabella only became free when a lifeguard came and switched off the electrics.

“She never cried – she was just in shock.”

Ms Floyd said surgeons had to remove part of her daughter’s intestine. It was reported that she is in an induced coma.