A pair of British twins are facing jail after being charged with drunkenly assaulting a policewoman in Dubai.
Alena and Sasha Parker, 37, who both work at a Dubai law firm, were arrested in August for “roguish behaviour” on a night out after allegedly being found drunk and “behaving outrageously”.
The pair, originally from London, have been charged with insulting a policewoman as well as resisting arrest and physically assaulting her and have appeared in court in Dubai.
If convicted, they could face up to three years in prison.
According to reports, Dubai Misdemeanours Court heard that Alena had injured her hand on a night out and was being treated by paramedics while her sister stood outside the ambulance shouting.
A policewoman claims the sisters attacked her, pushing her to the ground while “cursing Arab women”.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Company director jailed after fitting laser jammer to Range Rover and giving speed cameras the finger
- British woman rescued after being kept as ‘sex slave’ in Italy
- Parents of Alfie Evans set to appeal against High Court’s ruling that he cannot travel to Italy for treatment
- UK Euromillions winner scoops £121 million to become the third biggest lottery winner ever
- Boyfriend ‘beat partner to death then dumped body parts in bins and toilet’
Photographs posted online show the sisters partying and posing in the sunshine in Dubai.
According to reports, a spokesman at their law firm, Al Safar & Partners, said they denied all accusations.
Alena Parker is listed on LinkedIn as a Legal Advisory at Al Safar & Partners, having joined the firm in 2007. Her biography reads: “I specialize in corporate,real estate and arbitration claims. I assess claims before proceedings are commenced and advise on their likely outcome.”
Sister Sasha is listed on the site as a legal research/executive secretary to the Managing Director at the same firm.