Weapon disposal experts have successfully detonated a 500lb World War Two bomb which forced dozens of homes and two schools to be evacuated in north-west London.
The huge German aircraft bomb was destroyed in a controlled demolition by Royal Navy experts on Saturday.
Hundreds of pupils from Marylebone Boys School and Malorees junior and infants schools and 50 residents were forced to leave the area after the ordnance was unearthed at a building site on Thursday morning.
The residents had been forced to shelter in a church and hotels overnight but were finally allowed to return to their homes after the bomb was defused and removed.
The Ministry of Defence shared a photo of the massive explosion, which was carried out by the Royal Navy’s Southern Diving Unit.
In a series of tweets, the MoD said: “#Brent bomb safely destroyed by @RoyalNavy experts after being made safe by @BritishArmy sappers.
“Thanks to @metpoliceuk and @EssexPoliceUK.
“After the @BritishArmy made the fuse safe, the bomb was destroyed by the @RoyalNavy Southern Diving Unit in a controlled demolition today.
The Ministry of Defence said a Royal Navy team made a controlled demolition of the ordnance at Shoeburyness Range near Southend, Essex, at 11.30am on Saturday.
Petty Officer Diver Craig Waghorn said: "The Army Royal Engineers did a great job in carrying out the dangerous fuse immunisation and were very happy to see us after their long day and night making the bomb safe for transportation."
The dustbin-sized bomb, dropped during the Blitz, had two fuses, which were neutralised by the British Army.
All cordons have now been lifted in the Brondesbury Park area, police said.