Bulletproof season 4 cancelled by Sky following Noel Clarke accusations

·3-min read
Photo credit: Sky
Photo credit: Sky

The following article contains discussion of sexual harassment allegations that some readers may find upsetting.

Bulletproof has been cancelled by Sky following disputed allegations of misconduct made against lead actor Noel Clarke.

The broadcaster confirmed the decision to TheWrap on Friday (May 21), stating that it would "not be proceeding with any further series" of the action-packed police procedural.

Bulletproof's fourth season had been in pre-production when The Guardian published a story in April that featured accounts from 20 women who had worked with Clarke on various different titles, accusing him of bullying, sexual harassment, making inappropriate comments on set and sharing explicit photos and videos without consent, all of which Clarke strenuously denies.

Production on Bulletproof was then halted in late April and a Sky spokesperson told Deadline: "Sky stands against all forms of sexual harassment and bullying and takes any allegations of this nature extremely seriously. Effective immediately, we have halted Noel Clarke's involvement in any future Sky productions."

Photo credit: Sky
Photo credit: Sky

Related: Noel Clarke suspended by BAFTA following sexual misconduct allegations

According to the same publication, Sky had tried to figure out a way to continue the double-handed show, which also stars Top Boy's Ashley Walters, but had ultimately failed to come up with a feasible solution.

"In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me. If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologize," Clarke said in a statement to The Guardian at the time.

"I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations."

Photo credit: Sky
Photo credit: Sky

Related: Noel Clarke says he is "seeking professional help" following sexual harassment claims

The article prompted a response from Walters, who took to Twitter to share that he was shocked and "deeply saddened" by the allegations.

"Whilst Noel has been a friend and colleague for several years, I cannot standby and ignore these allegations," he wrote. "Every woman has the right to a safe workplace and moving forward I pledge my dedication to this."

Bulletproof aired on Sky One in the UK, and The CW in the US.

If you've been affected by the issues raised in this story, you can access more information from Rape Crisis England and Wales who works towards the elimination of all forms of sexual violence and sexual misconduct on their website or by calling the National Rape Crisis Helpline on 0808 802 9999. Rape Crisis Scotland’s helpline number is 08088 01 03 02.

Readers in the US are encouraged to contact RAINN, or the National Sexual Assault Hotline on 800-656-4673.

Digital Spy's digital magazine is back – and we've got an EXCLUSIVE interview with Dave Bautista. Read every issue now with a 1-month free trial, only on Apple News+.

Interested in Digital Spy's weekly newsletter? Sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox – and don't forget to join our Watch This Facebook Group for daily TV recommendations and discussions with other readers.

You Might Also Like

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting