California woman's shock after she swallows engagement ring in her sleep

Charlotte Carter

A woman had a dream that she swallowed her engagement ring — then woke to find she had.

Jenna Evans, from San Diego in the US, was shocked to find the ring missing after the nightmare in which her fiancé told her to swallow it to protect it from “bad guys”.

Doctors ordered an X-ray and she was shocked to see “my ring was right there in my stomach!”

Ms Evans underwent an upper endoscopy to remove the ring.

Jenna Evans in her hospital bed

She said she had been deep in a dream involving "a high speed train and bad guys" when her partner Bobby told her to swallow her engagement ring.

She said she then "popped that sucker off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water".

When she woke Ms Evans realised she had swallowed her wedding ring in her sleep

Upon waking up on Wednesday, Ms Evans realised her engagement ring was not on her hand as it had been when she went to sleep.

"I went to urgent care where I struggled to explain why I was there, because I was laughing/crying so hard," she wrote on Facebook.

Jenna Evans pictured with fiancee Bob Howell

"The doctor ordered an Xray and seemed pretty shocked when she walked back in with a second doctor and showed me that sure enough, my ring was right there in my stomach! They called a gastroenterologist and decided it would be best NOT to let nature take its course. (Thank God) Before I left, she recommended seeing a sleep specialist as well."

Ms Evans said she could soon feel the ring "in her guts" and it began to hurt.

Doctors performed an upper endoscopy and safely removed the ring, which was in amongst her intestines, before giving it to Ms Evans partner Bobby to look after.

After a well deserved feed at In-N-Out Burger, Ms Evans said Bobby finally gave the ring back.

"Bobby finally gave my ring back this morning - I promised not to swallow it again, we're still getting married and all is right in the world," she wrote on Facebook.