Despite the alleged comments made by Camilla, Bower claims in his book Rebel Prince: The Power, Passion and Defiance of Prince Charles, that Diana could give as good as she got when it came to scathing remarks.
Mr Bower believes his book, unsurprisingly, will be hated by Prince Charles.
He told LBC: ‘He hates criticism. He’ll hate this book.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Brexit: Blue UK passport to be made by foreign company in ‘national humiliation’
- Body of obsessive hoarder, 87, discovered under clutter after FOUR YEARS as daughter found collapsed
- Police watchdog launches probe after armed officers shot at suspect 13 times
- Britain could be in for a ‘white Easter’ as icy temperatures return, forecasters predict
- Ant McPartlin charged with drink-driving after car crash
‘But the point is he refuses to engage with his critics. He knows how to criticise, but doesn’t like to be the person to take it himself.
‘He’s a person who is rather sad. His marriage, his relationship with his mother and father which isn’t very good.’
Mr Bower added: ‘He wants to have a legacy, he wants there to be an era of Charles.’