Caroline Flack inquest date announced following TV star's death

·Contributor
·2-min read
LONDON, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 25: Caroline Flack attends The Beauty Awards 2019 on November 25, 2019 in London, England. (Photo by Lia Toby/Getty Images)
Caroline Flack took her own life on February 15 2020 (Getty Images)

Caroline Flack's inquest will begin on Wednesday February 19, it has been confirmed.

The former Love Island presenter was found dead in her east London flat aged 40 on Saturday February 15.

The inquest will open at 10am at the Poplar Coroner's Court in London.

The hearing is expected to be adjourned for several weeks while the coroner gathers the post-mortem report, toxicology tests and other evidence.

Read more: Love Island narrator Iain Stirling pays tribute to Caroline Flack

 British TV Presenter Caroline Flack aged 40 was found dead today at her home. She had appeared as a host of several popular Television shows the most recent being Love Island for which she received a BAFTA TV Award during the 2019 ITV Palooza at the Royal Festival Hall. (Photo by Keith Mayhew / SOPA Images/Sipa USA)
Caroline Flack was found dead at her home (PA)

A lawyer for the Flack family confirmed the TV presenter had taken her own life.

Flack’s family said in a statement: “We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today, the 15th of February.

“We would ask that the press respect the privacy of the family at this difficult time and we would ask they make no attempt to contact us and/or photograph us.”

The TV presenter was awaiting trial after pleading not guilty to charges of assault by beating at a hearing last month. She was on bail and her trial was set to begin on March 4.

Love Island TV presenter Caroline Flack, centre, escorted by police, as she arrives at Highbury Magistrates' Court in London, Monday, Dec. 23, 2019.  Flack has stepped down as host of the upcoming winter series of the TV dating show, Love Island, after being charged with assault of former professional tennis player and model Burton. (AP Photo/Petros Karadjias)
Caroline Flack was due to stand trial for the assault of her boyfriend Lewis Burton. (AP)

Read more: 'Caroline’s Law' petition receives 600,000 signatures

Following her death her boyfriend, Lewis Burton, posted an emotional tribute on Instagram promising to be her voice in the investigation into events leading up to her death.

He said: "My heart is broken we had something so special. I am so lost for words I am in so much pain I miss you so much I know you felt safe with me you always said I don't think about anything else when I am with you and I was not allowed to be there this time I kept asking and asking.

"I will be your voice baby I promise I will ask all the questions you wanted and I will get all the answers nothing will bring you back but I will try make you proud everyday.

"I love you with all my heart."

Her management company criticised the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) for not dropping the charge even though Burton said he did not want the case to go ahead.

The company accused the CPS of pressing ahead with a “show trial” of a “vulnerable” person.

For confidential emotional support at times of distress, contact The Samaritans at any time by calling 116 123 or emailing jo@samaritans.org.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting