Jonathan Cheban has reportedly been axed from the Celebrity Big Brother line-up after his diva demands reached fever pitch ahead of his expected entrance on Friday night.
The reality TV star was meant to be making a surprise appearance in the house as part of a special two-day task, where he was set to confront Kim Kardashian’s ex-boyfriend Ray J face-to-face in an ‘explosive showdown.’
However, in a sudden turn of events, Channel 5 has allegedly been left with no option but to drop him from the show after he demanded £100,000 a day, Michelin-star meals and his own bedroom upon hearing the news of Ray J’s rumoured £810,000 fee for the programme.
We know what you’re thinking, and we fully expected Jonathan to ask for a high horse too, but apparently he already has one of those.
A source told The Sun: “As soon as Jonathan found out about Ray J’s pay packet he demanded a bigger fee. What he wanted for two days was more than some of the contestants are getting for a four week stint.
“As well as the £200,000, Jonathan wanted gourmet prepared Michelin star meals, his own bedroom, a masseuse and access to a minder at all times. It all got way too out of hand and in the end the bosses simply retracted his provisional contract.”
This isn’t the first time that the 42-year-old socialite has made some remarkable requests as he previously asked for a private jet, personal driver and luxury hotel room for the duration of his filming schedule on E4’s ‘Celebs Go Dating.’
An insider said at the time: “Jonathan will be the highest profile star on the reality show and securing someone of his calibre comes at a cost and a certain amount of expectations on the show’s producers.”
Eek! With or without Jonathan, Celebrity Big Brother continues tonight on Channel 5 from 9PM.