Chelsea forced into mass exodus to raise £130million for deadly striker targeted by Man Utd
Florian Plettenberg has reported Chelsea ‘has to sell players’ in order to sign Victor Osimhen, and Napoli want around £130million for him.
Osimhen is one of Europe’s deadliest attackers at this moment in time. His 23 Serie A goals this season are the fifth-highest tally in Europe’s top-five leagues this season.
In terms of goals in Italy’s top flight, nobody has outscored the Nigerian during the current campaign. He’s been one of the main reasons for Napoli’s historic campaign.
Indeed, the Naples outfit secured their first Serie A title in 33 years at the start of May. Their triumph has been a commanding one, too, with no side within 18 points of them currently.
While Osimhen has had suitors queuing up for him all season, that he’s been the focal point in Napoli’s success will only have exacerbated that interest.
Chelsea and Manchester United are two of the most heavily-linked sides. Bayern Munich have also been in the conversation when it comes to the striker.
However, they seem to have taken their foot off the gas in the pursuit, perhaps due to his huge value.
Indeed, it’s frequently been reported the forward will command a fee north of £100million.
Chelsea require mass exodus for £130million Osimhen deal
How far north has now been reported by transfer insider Plettenberg. He suggests Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis ‘wants at least €150million (£130million approx).
He also touched upon Chelsea interest, in reference to that price. Indeed, Plettenberg reports the Blues are ‘still pushing’ for the signing of the deadly forward.
However, they valued Osimhen at €110million (£95.5million approx) plus bonuses.
With that being said, it seems they have a big decision on their hands. In any case, Plettenberg suggests Chelsea ‘has to sell players’ in order to make the transfer happen.
It has already been reported recently the Stamford Bridge outfit are ‘in a race to sell players before June 30’. That’s because the sales go on the books for next year beyond that point, rather than this year.
It seems, therefore, those sales – a list of seven have been reported – will be made to ensure Chelsea are not infringing on Financial FairPlay regulations.
Given there are to be ample sales anyway, it seems a mass exodus will be required for the signing of Osimhen to work.
Osimhen a phenomenal asset
It would be fair to pose whether or not Chelsea need Osimhen. They have a number of attacking options to choose from, a lot of which have only just joined the club.
However, some of those might be heading out of the door to fund the signing of the Nigerian.
What’s more, the Blues have scored 36 league goals so far this season – an average of a goal per game. That’s the third-worst tally in the league, with just Everton and relegated Southampton having scored less goals.
With that being said, a player who has scored 28 goals in all competitions would bring a lot to the side. While he’s not the only answer to Chelsea’s problems, he’d surely ease them somewhat.
READ MORE: Chelsea transfers: Boehly signing wanted by Euro giant with humbling £11m loss likely if Pochettino swings axe
The article Chelsea forced into mass exodus to raise £130million for deadly striker targeted by Man Utd appeared first on Teamtalk.com.