Chinese resident calls emergency services after mistaking reflection of fire for blaze in flat

A resident called emergency services after mistaking a reflection of a fire for a blaze in a flat in eastern China. Video shot in the city of Hangzhou in Zhejiang Province on November 13 shows massive flames being reflected by a glass window of a flat on the fourth floor of a residential building. According to reports, a resident called the police after spotting the scene. However, after over 30 firemen were deployed, they did not see any sign of a fire. After the firefighters investigated, they found that someone was burning paper money in the residential community and it was reflected onto the fourth-floor glass window, causing it to look like the flat was on fire. The video was provided by local media with permission.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting