The Discovery car savant was born on November 7, 1980 in Cynthiana, Kentucky. He grew up in Pendleton County and graduated from the state’s Log Cabin Learning Center. Following his graduation, Ellis worked a number of jobs but later found a passion working on street-racing cars and began his career as a mechanic at Oklahoma City’s Midwest Street Cars Automotive.
Discovery premiered Street Outlaws in 2013 and featured appearances from the Kentucky mechanic until 2018. The network did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Survivors include Ellis’ mother Loleta Sullins, his brothers Robbie Ellis, Quentin Ellis, and Logan Justice; and his sisters Amanda Scothorn, Alana Messer and Amanda Whobrey.
A graveside service will take place Friday.
More from Deadline
- Discovery Distances Itself From Homophobic Song Performed By 'Homestead Rescue' Star Marty Raney
- TV Producer Terrence Woods Vanished While Filming On The 'Gold Rush' Franchise For Discovery; Two Years Later, His Parents Are Desperate For Answers
- '100 Days Wild': Discovery Sets New Series Spotlighting Nomadic Living In Alaska - Watch The Trailer
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: Total Cases Hit 6 Million Milestone
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto