These snapshots might have been their last. Cellphones and the Web have been tracking the lives of the victims of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17, shot down in eastern Ukraine last week:
• Fifteen-year-old Gary Slok and his mother, Petra, were going on a dream vacation and snapped a photo before departure.
• In one video, there's audible preparation for liftoff from Amsterdam.
• A picture of the Boeing 777 on the runway quickly went viral after it was uploaded to Facebook. Dutch musician Cor Pan joked about its possible disappearance, referencing missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370. He and his florist girlfriend, Neeltje Tol, were supposed to go on a trip together. Friends and family had sent their well-wishes on the online post.
Social media have also been active in the aftermath of the tragedy:
• Vine videos document the mass destruction.
• A soccer star had to apologize for posting a selfie on Twitter while on the same route to New Zealand but on a different day. Two fans ofRead More »from Social Media Posts Show Last Moments of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 Victims