Warning: vegetarians, vegans and pescatarians you may want to look away now.
There's nothing that screams "treat yourself" quite as much as a big, juicy steak. Whether it's grilled on the barbeque, ordered at a steakhouse or cooked at home, not only is it delicious but it's a great source of vitamin B12 which keeps nerve and red blood cells healthy.
To celebrate National Butcher's Week, we've recruited celebrity chef Aiden Byrne to show us how to make the perfect steak.
The results? Succulent, tender and oh, so tasty.
How to cook the perfect steak
1. Melt some butter and add chopped garlic and thyme, put aside
2. Trim the fat of the steak
3. Season liberally with salt and pepper
4. Place into a scorching hot pan
5. Sear on each side for a maximum of one minute
6. Press the meat gently into the pan
7. Pour over the butter and continue to spoon the juices over the meat
8. For rare or medium rare, cook the steak for four minutes
9. Leave the meat to rest for as long as it was cooked
10. Slice diagonally and enjoy!