- Supermarkets begin food rationing after wave of panic buying
- Italy locks down 16 million people in the north in drastic bid to curb spread
- The big coronavirus FAQ: advice for living with Covid-19
- Sign up here for daily coronavirus updates
- Subscribe to The Telegraph, free for one month
A man in his sixties has become the third patient to die after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK. According to NHS England, he had recently travelled from Italy and had underlying health conditions.
A further 69 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, taking the total case count up to 278, new figures released by the Department of Health and Social Care reveal. It comes as 23,513 people have been tested across the country.
More as it comes.