Instructors and students alike squealed with delight when the doors of the Move It dance studio on the Isle of Man opened once again.
They hugged each other, cranked up the music and cracked on with the dancing; no social distancing, no masks and people from different households together and smiling again.
"It's just a great moment," instructor Kate Caine told Sky News.
"We might not have survived as a business if this lockdown had gone on and on.
"The kids when they just first walked in were squealing, we were squealing too - it is just such a relief."
The government had to move hard and fast to stop the spread, and in January a 25-day lockdown was introduced.
It meant that the 85,000 residents were asked to comply with a comprehensive set of rules, including a strong advisory to wear facemasks even when outside.
Non-islanders are still not allowed to travel to the Isle of Man, but all other restrictions have now been lifted.
Chief Minister Howard Quayle told Sky News that the Manx people had been very "patriotic" in the way they had followed the rules.
"We've gone for total elimination rather than living with [the virus]," he said.
"We had to be pretty tough in the early days when we drove it off the island. We didn't know where it was, so we had to have a tough lockdown. As a result of that, our people have a normal life here.
"We make everyone quarantine, isolate for 14 days, before we allow them back in the community having had three tests."
The island has not had any unexplained COVID-19 cases for 20 days, so schools and businesses have reopened.
It also meant the island's walking footballers resumed their very sociable sport on Monday.
Regular Pete Nash said: "There have been people who have been sent to prison for four weeks or six weeks for not following the rules
"We have got to be grateful to our government who have always given us a clear and consistent message, people have been happy to follow the rules.
"There's been no protests, no arguing about it and people have just thought 'let's follow the rules, do what the government have asked us to and we'll be out of it as soon as possible' and that's what's happened."
At the NOA Bakehouse café in Douglas owner Miles Pettit said: "We are just caching up and trying to get with everyday life, lockdown is hard and it is strange but the fact we have got back to this is just absolutely wonderful."
The Manx government has not yet said how long it will continue to restrict access to non-islanders and has warned people not to be complacent even though their lockdown is over.