Craig Revel Horwood lets slip Anton du Beke will return as Strictly judge
Craig Revel Horwood has confirmed Anton du Beke is returning as a judge on 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The show's professional dancer stood in for Bruno Tonioli on the panel last year, as the lockdown made it difficult for him to fly back and forth between the UK and US, where he was filming ‘Dancing with the Stars’.
And now, Craig has let slip that Anton, 55, will be back dishing out feedback when the BBC One Latin and ballroom contest returns later this year.
Speaking at his 'All Balls and Glitter Tour' show this week, he said: “I really love Anton. I think he is fantastic. I think last year he did a great job on Strictly as a judge.
“And we have just found out he is going to do it again this year.”
However, Craig admitted he misses Bruno's bonkers personality.
According to The Sun on Sunday, he added: “I miss his energy. But he always used to come off and say, ‘Darling, I am exhausted.’
"And I used to say, ‘Well, you created this character darling.’ I will just sit there. My job is easy."
It comes after head judge Shirley Ballas revealed she begged 'Strictly' bosses to let Anton stay on the judging panel.
The former Latin champion - who replaced Len Goodman in 2017 – admitted she wanted Anton to stay on permanently.
Shirley, 61, suggested making it a five-judge panel featuring Bruno, Anton, Craig, Motsi Mabuse and herself.
She said: "I hope Anton stays, but we could have five seats. I just did the tour with Bruno and he was on point and on form.
"There is nobody like Bruno. He is a force to be reckoned with."
Meanwhile, pro dancers Oti Mabuse and Aljaz Skorjanec are not returning for the next season.