FIRE crews were called to an industrial unit last night after a small blaze was started in an oven.
A crew from Malton were mobilised to reports of an automatic fire alarm sounding in an industrial unit in Derwent Road, Malton at around 9.30pm yesterday.
On arrival, the crews confirmed a small fire involving an industrial oven containing plastic. Crews removed the contents of the oven outside and ventilated the building using a positive pressure fan.
The cause of the fire was accidental, a spokesperson for the fire service said.