Influencer and former Love Island contestant Anton Danyluk has revealed he has received death threats for being abroad during the UK coronavirus lockdown.
The 26-year-old gym owner – who travelled to Dubai on a work visa in December – referred to the tragic death of Love Island host Caroline Flack as he spoke out about the abuse he had received on social media.
Danyluk told his mother on their new podcast What’s the Crack? with Podcast Radio: "It’s been awful – I’ve had death threats, people calling me – it’s horrible that this sort of thing still happens after the death of Caroline last year, but they still do it.
“I’m a strong-minded person, but it does get to me some days. I hope my actions speak louder than words – I’ll keep my head down until I’m ready to show what I’m working on.”
Danyluk - who appeared on ITV dating show Love Island in 2019 - complained: "I know people in the UK are getting annoyed because they see others saying they are working in Dubai when they aren’t, but I am starting my business.”
He added: “I came to Dubai in December when travel restrictions weren’t in place – it was a working trip to promote a hotel. I got to know the owner, and then the opportunity rose to open a gym and fitness business in Dubai. I’ve got my working visa, so I’m not coming home.”
Influencers have come under fire for travelling abroad during the latest lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19 – as they claim they are promoting their holidays on social media for work.
Love Island star Zara Holland avoided jail when she was accused of breaking quarantine rules on holiday in Barbados, but did receive a £4,417 fine.
Holland was in Barbados with her boyfriend Elliott Love. Police said the star was tested for coronavirus and told to remain in quarantine at her hotel, but when a COVID-19 unit checked, she had left.
Danyluk and his mum Sherie Ann have teamed up for new podcast What’s The Crack, launching on Podcast Radio at 5pm on Wednesday, 3rd February.
Watch: Anton Danyluk talk life after lockdown