David Beckham has been banned from driving for six months for using his mobile phone while driving his £100,000 Bentley.
The former England captain had previously entered a guilty plea by post, and was given six points on his licence at Bromley Magistrates' Court, which has resulted in a ban. He also received a £750 fine.
Beckham was charged last month after a member of the public spotted him on the phone while driving his Bentley.
He, admitted using the device while driving in Great Portland Street on November 21.
His case was originally set to be dealt with at Lavender Hill Magistrates' Court last month, but was postponed until the star confirmed he would attend the hearing.
Beckham flew home especially for the hearing, 24 hours after he was seen at a casino press conference in China.
The magistrate had the power to impose six penalty points and a £200 fine for the charge of using a mobile while driving.
Scotland Yard previously said the star had pleaded guilty by post.
He accepted that he drove a loaned Bentley at 59mph in a 40mph zone in west London in January 2018.
His case had so far been heard in a behind-closed-doors hearing at Bromley magistrates, away from the press and public.
Known as a "single justice procedure", it allows court time to be freed up by allowing magistrates to quickly deal with low-level offences which do not warrant prison sentences.
But he was later ordered to attend an open court session after magistrates said they wanted to "show cause".
The former Man United star was caught just two months after he was accused of "shirking his responsibility" as a role model after avoiding prosecution on a speeding charge.
Beckham was represented by celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman, who is known as ‘Mr Loophole’, and got off on a technicality.
Beckham was accused of driving at 59mph in a 40mph zone on the A40 in Paddington, West London, in 23 January last year.