- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
David Ginola has never watched 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!'.
The former Premier League footballer is set to enter Gwrych Castle in North Wales - where the ITV reality show has been held amid the COVID-19 pandemic, due to travel restrictions Down Under - on Sunday (20.11.21) to compete for the title of King of the Castle.
But the football pundit has confessed he has no idea what he is in for, because he's never tuned in to watch the programme before, and is clueless about the creepy crawlies celebrities come up against in the infamous Bushtucker Trials.
Speaking to Metro.co.uk and other media, he spilled: "I don’t know much about the show, I don’t know much about the trials!
"I think right now I’m not scared about anything."
Battered scorpions, sheep testicles and crocodile penis are among the gag-inducing tucker stars have swallowed over the years.
Quizzed on the trials, he quipped: "You know what, I have a little bit of weight to lose!"
This year, bosses have reportedly built a prison as part of an overhaul of the show's set.
Producers behind the competition are said to be working on a dungeon called The Clink, as well as a more basic sleeping area in a similar vein to Snake Rock and Croc Creek from the Australia camp.
An insider told The Sun newspaper: "The Clink will be an unpleasant place to spend much time, as will the sister camp.
"If you’re one of the initial ten going into the castle, you’d better hope you get the main camp with its relative luxury in comparison.”
While one camp is said to be protected from the elements with off-the-floor beds, the other will only offer limited protection with stars sleeping in sleeping bags on the ground.
According to the report, bosses took advantage of having more time to prepare for the new series by introducing new ideas to the format.
A source added: "There were some accusations last year that the celebs had it too easy, with lots of food and more comfortable living arrangements. This year that seems to be set to change.
"Producers worked flat out last year to get it ready against all odds in the midst of a pandemic when other shows were falling flat on their faces.
“This year they’ve got a bit more time so have tried to be even more ambitious with the show. They don’t want to change too much as they were really happy with last year but a few subtle tweaks here and there will keep everyone on their toes.”
The upcoming series will also see the likes of Frankie Bridge, Richard Madeley, Louise Minchin, and Naughty Boy head into the castle, while Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly will return as hosts.