- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Comedian Jim Davidson is "pleased" to have been told he will face no further action after he was arrested on suspicion of sexual offences, his solicitor has said.
The 59-year-old was held in January by detectives from Operation Yewtree, the national investigation sparked by the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal, and re-arrested in March after further allegations emerged.
His solicitor Henri Brandman said: "My client Jim Davidson was, of course, arrested a number of months ago in respect of allegations of a historical sexual nature.
"He is pleased to have received news today that there will be no further action relating to the allegations."
The former Big Break and Generation Game host said he "vigorously denied" the allegations against him - which were understood to date back up to 35 years.
He was reportedly detained at Heathrow Airport as he flew back into the UK to take part in Channel 5's Celebrity Big Brother on January 2.
The allegations had no connection to disgraced television presenter Savile, and Davidson previously said that all the alleged victims were adults at the time of the claims.
Davidson and 53-year-old DJ Mike Osman, who was also arrested in January, both answered police bail and were told that they will face no further action.
A Scotland Yard spokesman did not name the performer, but said: "There remains one outstanding allegation originally referred to Operation Yewtree that falls outside UK jurisdiction which has been referred to the relevant authority."
Prosecutors said that there was insufficient evidence in relation to 10 allegations, one of which related to both men, and nine others that were made against Davidson.
A Crown Prosecution spokesman said: "All the complaints have been reviewed in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors and the CPS legal guidance on rape and sexual offences.
"We have determined that there is insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction in relation to all complaints and have advised the Metropolitan Police Service that no further action should be taken.
"All those involved have been informed of the decisions, and, as is normal, should any of the complainants request a meeting to discuss these decisions we would be happy to meet with them."
Scotland Yard is leading a nationwide investigation into allegations against disgraced television presenter Savile and a number of other high profile figures.
They have separated the inquiry into three strands: claims against Savile, those involving Savile and others, and those involving others.